Another episode of our series ” Shitcoins Begone” with more coins delisted by cryptocurrency exchanges. This edition featuring more coins delisted by exchanges of major trading volumes Binance, and Bittrex.
More coins delisted by exchanges
Coins delisted by Binance
At Binance, we periodically review each digital asset we list to ensure that it continues to meet the high level of standard we expect. When a coin or token no longer meets this standard, or the industry changes, we conduct a more in-depth review and potentially delist it. We believe this best protects all of our users.
When we conduct these reviews, we consider a variety of factors. Here are some that drive whether we decide to delist a digital asset:
- Commitment of team to project
- Level and quality of development activity
- Network / smart contract stability
- Level of public communication
- Responsiveness to our periodic due diligence requests
- Evidence of unethical / fraudulent conduct
- Contribution to a healthy and sustainable crypto ecosystem
Based on our most recent reviews, we have decided to delist and cease trading on all trading pairs for the following coins and tokens on 2019/02/22 at 10:00 AM UTC:
- CloakCoin (CLOAK)
- Modum (MOD)
- SALT (SALT)
- Substratum (SUB)
- Wings (WINGS)
- All trade orders will be automatically removed after trading ceases in each respective trading pair.
- To view your assets after trading ceases, please ensure you have not selected “Hide small assets” in your Funds page.
- Withdrawals of these coins and tokens from Binance will continue to be supported until 2019/05/22 at 10:00 AM UTC.
We thank you for your support as we continue to build the crypto ecosystem in a way that promotes transparency and long-term, sustainable growth.
Coins delisted by Bittrex
We are retiring wallets that do not have markets. Wallet removals are a routine part of our ongoing platform management for performance and operational efficiency.
For any customers that have balances within those wallets, they must withdraw their assets before January 30, 2019. After this date, the assets will become unrecoverable.
To withdraw your tokens, please login to Bittrex and click Wallets. Next, you will need to search for the impacted wallet and click the withdrawal button to open the withdraw dialog. Then, you will be able to withdraw your balance. Please note if your balance is below the minimum withdrawal amount for the wallet, you will not be able to withdrawal it.
If you have any issues withdrawing before the January 30, 2019 deadline, immediately file a support ticket at: Bittrex support
For additional information about this process, review the Bittrex Market and Token Removal Policy support article at: Bittrex support removal policy
The wallets that will be removed are:
Edit: We will be extending the removal date to Feb 1, 2019