Regulations are coming and the whole of crypto knows it… The wild wild west of crypto is coming to an end. While Japan, China, India and Europe are doing their thing, the G20 is also meeting to try and formalise some global regulatory guidelines on cryptocurrencies.
Meanwhile for the United States some of the exchanges are already getting their own houses in order so they don’t fall foul when the regulators come banging on their doors.
- Bittrex are blocking US citizens from trading and holding 32 shitcoins and moving them to Bittrex International instead
- Binance have decided to block the United States (and some other countries) citizens from their BNB based shitcoin exchange Binance.org (aka Binance ‘DEX’)
Bittrex: Market Availability Changes for U.S. Customers
Effective on June 21, certain markets will no longer be accessible to U.S. Customers.
This change DOES NOT affect the availability of these markets on Bittrex International for non-U.S. Customers.
Friday, June 21
The following markets will transition to Bittrex International on June 21, 2019.
U.S. Customers will be sent an email communication from Bittrex that provides guidance on what they can and cannot do with their affected Tokens/Coins in connection with this change before an affected market is no longer accessible, including:
- Buy or sell Tokens/Coins in all markets currently available to U.S. Customers before the Change Date.
- Cancel (or cancel-and-replace) open orders: To cancel an order, navigate to the “Orders” page and under “Open Orders” click the red button with an X. To cancel-and-replace an open order, navigate to the markets page for the token and adjust your price to the market price.
- Withdraw Assets: Login to https://bittrex.com. Next, please click on the wallets link, search for the desired Token/Coin and click the withdrawal icon to open the withdraw dialog and initiate the normal withdrawal process.
After the Change Date:
- U.S. Customers will not be able to buy or sell the above-listed Tokens/Coins. On the Change Date, our systems will automatically cancel all open (i.e, unexecuted) orders in the affected markets for U.S. Customers.
- U.S. Customers may withdraw or continue to hold in their Bittrex wallet affected Tokens/Coins for as long as Bittrex International supports a market in those Tokens/Coins.
- Non-U.S. Customers will be able to access those markets that continue to be listed on Bittrex International.
If you have questions, please file a support request at https://support.bittrex.com and our team will to try to assist you further.
Like other industry participants, we will continue to advocate for laws and regulations that foster innovation.
I’M A US CUSTOMER – HOW DOES THIS AFFECT ME?
You will see changes to the list of markets you can see on the platform. If you are an active trader on affected markets or hold a token/coin in an affected market, you will be sent an email communication from Bittrex with guidance on what you can and cannot do with the affected Tokens/Coins in connection with this change.
I’M AN INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMER – HOW DOES AFFECT ME?
This change applies only to U.S. customers holding those specific Tokens/Coins. If you are not a U.S. customer, today’s announcement WILL NOT have any effect on your ability to buy or sell the relevant assets on the Bittrex International platform.
I’M AN INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMER BUT I DON’T SEE ALL THE MARKETS
Please make sure you sign the Terms of Service in order to have access to all the markets available on Bittrex International.
I’M AN INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMER BUT I CAN’T SEEM TO ACCESS THE INTERNATIONAL SITE
Please file a support request at https://support.bittrex.com so our team can assist you and confirm your account for Bittrex International.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR THE U.S.?
After the effective date, certain markets will no longer be accessible to U.S. Customers. U.S. customers will have access to a more limited number of markets than are available to Non-U.S. Customers on Bittrex International.
WHAT IF I OWN COINS/TOKENS THAT ARE GOING TO BE AFFECTED IN THE U.S.? WILL I LOSE MY COINS?
No. This change will not affect wallets and we will continue to custody all assets currently available to U.S. customers for a reasonable time after the market is removed from availability to U.S. Customers.
IS THERE ANYTHING I NEED TO DO TO MY ACCOUNT?
If you are U.S Customer that is an active trader on affected markets or hold a Token/Coin in an affected market, you will be sent an email communication from Bittrex with guidance on what you can and cannot do with their affected Tokens/Coins in connection with this change.
If you are not a U.S. customer, today’s announcement WILL NOT have any effect on your ability to buy or sell the relevant assets on the Bittrex International platform.
DOES THIS MEAN BITTREX IS LEAVING THE US?
Bittrex is proud to be a U.S. Digital Asset Trading Platform. U.S. customers will have access to a more limited number of markets as compared to what Non-U.S. Customers have on the Bittrex International platform. Like other industry participants, we will continue to advocate for laws and regulations that foster innovation.
I HEARD BITTREX IS GETTING RID OF MARKETS?
Certain markets will soon become unavailable to U.S. Customers. Those markets will generally continue to be available to Bittrex International customers. Currently, Bittrex International features 200+ tokens and coins for non-US Customers and we anticipate that we will continue to add innovative blockchain projects to Bittrex International in the future.
CAN EXCHANGES IN THE U.S. STILL BUILD EXCHANGES ON THE BITTREX PLATFORM?
Yes, at its core Bittrex is a technology platform, and we welcome working with innovators who are looking to launch projects in the U.S.
Binance ‘DEX’ website blocking USA and 28 other country IP addresses
Users from 29 countries now get a warning when they try to access Binance.org stating that they will be blocked per July 1st 2019:
“It seems you are accessing www.binance.org from an IP address belonging to one of the following countries:
USA, Albania, Belarus, Bosnia, Burma, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Cote D’Ivoire, the Crimea region of Ukraine, Croatia, Cuba, Herzegovina, Iran, Iraq, Kosovo, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Macedonia, Moldova, Serbia, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Syria, Venezuela, Yemen, or Zimbabwe.”